Applying for an Australian passport - in person
Please carefully follow the steps and read the the advice under further information. Due to an increase in demand, please allow 6-8 weeks to receive your new passport after successful lodgement.
Passport application in person step-by-step
- If you are unable to attend your appointment, please cancel the appointment by clicking on the button in your confirmation email.
- Please do not bring any friends or family members to your appointment (unless it is a child passport application).
- Please arrive 10 minutes before your appointment to allow for security checks.
- If you have a fever, cough or any COVID-19 symptoms, please reschedule your appointment. Please do not attend our offices if you are ill or if you have had recent exposure to someone who is ill.
- Please use the hand sanitiser provided prior to your interview.
Child passport applications
Minors under the age of 16 can only be issued with a passport with five year’s validity. Child applicants aged 16 or 17 are issued with a 10-year passport.
For child applications, one parent must lodge the application in person. The lodging parent does not have to be Australian.
Children aged 16 and 17 years old must attend the interview accompanied by one parent. Children aged 15 years and younger are not required to attend the interview.