The Australian Embassy in Portugal provides a limited range of notarial and documentary services for Australians in Portugal. In many cases, local notaries can provide services at rates which are set by the local Portuguese Notary Society. In some cases, accessing these services may be more convenient than travelling to the Australian Embassy. If you still prefer the Australian Embassy to provide the services, a list of the fees levied by the Australian Government is published here and you will need to make an appointment.
Please ensure that documents relating to the notarial services you require from the Australian Embassy are presented in the correct form and that you provide the correct instructions for the notarial service you require. If you are unsure of the legislative requirements relating to the notarial service you require, you should seek independent legal advice. Please note that neither the Australian Government nor the Australian Embassy in Portugal guarantees the legal effectiveness of the notarised document or the accuracy of its content. Fees paid for notarial services are non-refundable.
Visiting our offices during COVID-19
- If you are an Australian citizen requiring emergency consular assistance out of hours, please call the Consular Emergency Centre on 1300 555 135 (within Australia) or +61 2 6261 3305 (from overseas).
- You must have an appointment to visit the embassy. Please contact us if you experience any issues in securing an appointment by calling 21 310 1500 or email us ([email protected]).
- If you have a fever, cough or any COVID-19 symptoms, please reschedule your appointment. Please do not attend our offices if you are ill or if you have had recent exposure to someone who is ill.
- Please do not bring friends or family members to your appointment. If you are applying for a child passport, both parents are welcome to attend.
- You should arrive as close to your appointment time as possible.
- You must bring and wear a mask. We will ask you to remove your mask briefly to confirm your identity.