Welcome to the website of the Australian Embassy in Lisbon.
Our contact details and other information about the Embassy are available under the About us in the menu on the left.
We are now on Facebook Australian Embassy in Portugal
Please be aware that if you plan to visit the Embassy, you must book an appointment and bring valid identification.
Business Mission to Australia
The Australian Embassy in Portugal and Austrade are supporting a Business Mission to Australia organized by the International Confederation of Portuguese Business (CIEP) and the Portuguese Chamber of Commerce and Industry (CCIP), in partnership with the government entity Portugal Global - Trade & Investment Agency (AICEP). The principal objective will be to provide businesses with a series of bilateral meetings and consultations with official entities, potential business partners and local customers.
For further information please click here.
Work and Holiday Visa (subclass 462) – Australia and Portugal
On 23 November 2014, the Work and Holiday Maker visa (subclass 462) became available for holders of Portuguese passports, aged between 18 and 30. For further information on how to apply, please click here.
Message from the Ambassador.
Additional information can also be obtained here.
Direct Aid Program - Cabo Verde, São Tomé and Princípe and Guinea Bissau
The Australian Embassy is Lisbon manages the Direct Aid Program (DAP) in Cabo Verde, Sao Tome and Principe and Guinea-Bissau.
DAP is a flexible small grants scheme available to individuals, community groups and local and international NGOs, government entities, academic institutions, museums or other non-profit organizations working in development activities at community level and that involve the beneficiaries in the identification and implementation of the project. The projects focus on areas of: poverty alleviation, income generation, education, sanitation, health, human rights, good governance, rural development, gender equality, environment and ad hoc humanitarian relief.
To view projects that have been funded, please click here.
The Australian Embassy in Lisbon, Portugal does not process visa or citizenship applications. For clients resident in Portugal visa processing is undertaken electronically through the online ‘eVisa’ service, or by processing centres in Australia, or by an immigration office at another Australian Embassy.
For further information, including telephone and email contact details, please click on Information regarding Visas and Migration.
Travelling in Portugal
Australians planning to travel to Portugal should read the following information
- Art Exhibition in Torres Vedras
- "The Embassy" Series
- Alick Tipoti wins 2014 Telstra National Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander Art Award 3D Category
- A seminar on Exporting & Investing in Australia was hosted by the The Portuguese Chamber of Commerce, with the support of the Australian Embassy, on 23 September 2014. View highlights of the seminar here.
- The Australian Ministers for Foreign Affairs and Trade & Investment highlight the Australian Government\'s foreign and trade priorities in this short video.
- For over two decades the Australian community has marked ANZAC Day with a simple ceremony in the Lisbon area. For the past few years the ceremony has been held in the garden of the residence of the Australian Ambassador to Portugal. Please click here to view some of the highlights of last year’s ceremony (2014).
Other useful information
- Beware of Employment Scams
- Private companies promoting Australian visa services
- Notification of Australia\'s New Yellow Fever Vaccination requirements
- Public Holidays 2016
- Frequently Asked Questions