List of Australian Passport Fees
See list of passport fees for this month.
How to obtain an Australian passport in Portugal
Child applicants aged 16 or 17 are now issued with a 10 year passport instead of the five year passport currently issued to minors under 16.
Applications must still include parental consent and the applicant must attend the interview along with the lodging parent.
The application fee is the same as for adults, reflecting the longer validity of the passport to be issued. The issue of a 10 year passport is not optional.
Please note the following procedures for applying or renewing an Australian passport overseas:
(1) Passport applications, including renewal applications, MUST be lodged in person at the Australian Embassy in Lisbon. No exceptions will be made regardless of where you reside in Portugal. Please book an appointment for lodging your application.
Frequent Traveller Passports
Please note that Frequent Traveller Passports will no longer be available as of 1 December 2017.
All child passport applications must be lodged in person at the Embassy by a parent/person with parental responsibility for the child. A valid and original personal identity document of the person lodging the application must be presented as proof of identity. Minors under the age of 16 years are not required to attend the interview.
(2) ALL passport applications lodged overseas incur an additional overseas fee.
The additional overseas fee is as follows:
Adult (including senior) applications – AUD 103
Child applications – AUD 52
The fee does NOT apply to Emergency Passport applications.
The Passport section at the Australian Embassy in Lisbon operates by appointments only from 10.00am-11.30am and 2.00pm-4.00 pm, Monday to Friday. The Embassy is closed on the following public holidays.
To arrange for an interview, please call 21 310 1500.
Please read below, if you are required to lodge your application either in person or by mail.
The suggested procedure for preparing your application form is as follows:
1. Find out what type of form that you need to use: PC7 or PC8.
3. Read the photo instructions. Australian passport photos are different to Portuguese standard passport photos so please check the information carefully before you submit your application. The Embassy recommends a photographer in Lisbon:
Kodak Photoshop (Fotosport)
Metro Station Marquês de Pombal (Yellow line), Shop 10
1250 – 161 LISBON
Tel: +351 21 3520 351
Mobile: +351 93 3329 538
Business Hours: Monday to Friday from 8.30am – 7.30pm
Closed on Saturdays, Sundays and Public Holidays
Location of the Metro Station Entrance
Alternatively, should you wish to use your local photographer, please make sure that you advise the photographer to follow the photo instructions.
4. Complete your Australian Passport Application Form online at:
5. Print the completed application form. Sign within the signature box and date.
7. Payment methods.
Should you need further clarification on passport matters, please refer to the Frequently Asked Questions section.
Information to help you prepare your passport application when you are lodging it in Portugal:
Personal Identity Documents (PIDs) - Acceptable combinations of identification documents for adult PC8 applications
Passport fees (Euros only)
List of approved Guarantor/Referee (if non-Australians and for use with PC8 form only)
B-11 form – General statement by passport applicant – only to be used if requested by the Passport Office