Where to apply for your passport
If you are submitting a PC7 adult renewal, you can lodge your application by mail.
All other applications must be lodged in person and by appointment only. There is no walk-in service. Applicants without an appointment will not be seen so please book an appointment in advance.
Appointments with the passport office are limited. Please ensure that you attend the appointment you book. You can cancel or reschedule your appointment through your confirmation email.
Please do not make duplicate bookings as this increases appointment wait times for other applicants. If multiple bookings are made, please be aware we reserve the right to cancel additional appointments. You will not be seen without a valid appointment on the day.
Visiting our offices
- You must have an appointment to visit our office. You will not be seen without one.
- If you are unable to attend your appointment, please cancel the appointment by clicking on the button in your confirmation email.
- Please do not bring any friends or family members to your appointment. If you are applying for a child passport, both parents are welcome to attend, however, only one parent is required to lodge a child’s application if they are under 16. Only children over the age of 16 are required to attend the appointment in person.
- Please arrive 10 minutes before your appointment to allow for security checks.
- Please use the hand sanitiser provided prior to your interview.
Av. da Liberdade, 200-2
Tel: +351 21 310 1500
Email: [email protected]
The Passport Office undertakes passport interviews in Porto, Algarve, Madeira and the Azores from time to time. Details of any future outreach visits will be advertised here once dates are confirmed.