Australian Embassy
Cabo Verde, Sao Tome and Principe, Guinea Bissau

Changing your name

If you have changed your name since birth or citizenship

If you have changed your name since birth or citizenship, you may need to provide additional documents in order to have a passport in your new name. Please note you will still need to provide either an original Australian birth certificate or original Australian citizenship certificate in addition to your original name change document.

Please select the option that applies to you:

If you are using the Australian Passport Renewal Application (PC7) this information does not apply to you as your new passport will automatically be issued in the same name as your most recent passport. You cannot change your name using a renewal (PC7) form.